Pages

Age




MySpaceLayouts

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tom Cruise escapes serious injury


Actor Tom Cruise escaped serious injury as he kept slamming into the world's tallest building Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai while performing the stunts.

The actor reprises his role as agent Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol". The stunt was far trickier than Cruise made it look like and he was left battered after the first few takes.

"I remember I came slamming into the building, when I didn't quite make it around because I had to figure out actually how to fly," thesun.co.uk quoted Cruise as saying.

"I had to figure out how to use my feet as a rudder because you have cross winds up there. It took a while to figure out how to not come into the building head first. So the first couple of times I was slamming into the building... and I'm like, 'It's OK, it's OK, I'm all right.' So it was really fun," he added.

Cruise also revealed he turned down the chance to wear a parachute during the sequence, adding, "I remember the first safety briefings we were getting and Gregg Smrz - he's the stunt co-ordinator - said, 'Look Tom, I've just had a five-hour meeting and they want everyone to wear parachutes.' I said, 'Parachutes on the thing? That's more dangerous.' So I said, 'We need a new safety officer who's going to says it's OK.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker