Samsung has announced the availability of the Samsung Infuse 4G. The company unveiled Infuse at this year's Consumer Electronics Show in January, however, there not much heard about the smartphone after that.
Samsung Infuse comes with a 4.5-inch super AMOLED Plus display and runs on 1.2GHz processor. The device has an 8-megapixel rear camera capable of recording 720p HD video and a front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video calls. The smartphone is based on Android 2.2.1 and comes with TouchWiz overlay. At 8.9mm at its thinnest point, Infuse 4G is claimed to be the thinnest 4G smartphone available.
Samsung has launched the phone in the US with AT&T. The company announced that Infuse 4G would be available starting May 15 for $199.99 with a two-year contract.
Here are the phone's specifications:
• Android 2.2 platform
• 4G: HSDPA CAT 14 and HSUPA CAT 6
• 8.9 mm to 9.24mm thin
• UMTS 850/1900/2100
• GSM 850/900/1800/1900
• 1.2 GHz processor
• 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen
• 8-megapixel camera with HD 720p video camera and 1.3-megapixel front facing camera
• Virtual QWERTY keyboard
• Expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD card
• Text/Picture and Video Messaging support
• Samsung Media Hub, U-verse Mobile, U-verse Live TV, and Angry Birds