Pages

Age




MySpaceLayouts

Friday, April 20, 2012

I'll donate sperms for altruistic reasons only: John


A Shoojit Sircar film and a John Abraham production, " Vicky Donor" deals with the taboo attached to sperm donation and surrogacy. These are issues that the actor thoroughly researched before starting work on the film. However, John was clear from the start that he wouldn't act in the film. And so, Ayushmann Khurrana, the VJ-turned-actor, was roped in.

Ask John why he didn't play Vicky, and the answer is simple enough. "The script demanded a fresh face. Had this film been made before "Jism" (his debut film), I would be right for it!" he laughs.

Why go with such a subject for his first production? John answers, "When an issue stirs up debate and not controversy, half the battle is won. I am sure that people will have a different take on sperm donation after watching this film."

Since announcing the venture, Abraham has been flooded with requests for sperm donation by female fans! "It's shocking! I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or be devastated!" says he. Is there a special someone he'd donate his sperm to? Very matter-of-factly comes the reply, "For one, a donor's identity is kept secret. And if I had to donate sperm, I'd do it for altruistic reasons." Then comes the cheeky afterthought, "If you see any kid that looks like me, you'll know the woman I've donated my sperm to!"

And what are his expectations from this film? Says the actor/producer, "I'm sure the movie will be critically appreciated and commercially accepted."

Produced by JA Entertainment & Eros International, in association with Rising Sun Films and Rampage Motion Pictures, "Vicky Donor" hits the theatres today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker